Saturday, June 14, 2008

Cambodia Trip Part 3

Day 3

I woke up around 6.30 too late to see sun rise hehe , we met Thierry and we excused to go for breakfast again.



It’s been 3 days now that I haven't had any cup of coffee,, how can I survived!!!!

Well.. I could stop drinking but I don’t want to anyway haha,,

After we went back to guesthouse and I told the receptionist that I need one cup of hot water and he said I can ask at the restaurant then I did, and they gave me 1 pot of hot water (hohoho). I said I need only a cup they gave me one big cup hahaha ,, it’s very nice of them really, so I had coffee ( instant coffee, sugar and crème from a bus from Bangkok hehe) once again after 3 days passed hmmmmm.. coffee coffee… I love it.

It’s a different way today,, and the surrounding like sea villages,



we stopped at Boat ticket office to buy ticket there it cost 10 USD each (well Daniel said it’s 5 USD before and it’s a whole day long and watch sunset at the lake) so we told the officer that we’ve been told that it’s 5 USD and he said ‘It used to be but now we are only one association and everybody needs to stop and buy ticket here’ we asked how long the trip should take?
He said ‘1 and a half hour’ well.. now everything changed not like we’ve heard so , we did hesitate a bit and Natt went to ask Thierry about this ,, and he said ‘I don’t know,now after the gasoline so expensive then everything raised up the price,, will you take the trip or not? Otherwise we should go back’ hehehe calm down Thierry!!!
Then the officer said.. ‘Alright ladies,, we’ll discount for you 8 USD each specially for you’ since we were there then we should take the trip so we bought the ticket at 8 USD each shhhhh!!! Don’t’ tell anyone ^^ you can ask them to reduce the price hehehehe.




At the harbor there’re different kinds of boats, buses, and someone came to us and told us he’s the boat driver and asked for ticket.
There’re only 2 of us on boat (not fun enough duh!) boat driver was really a good guide (haaaaa!) he told us ,,there’s school, fishes farm, crocodile farm etc.


There’re Vietnamese village also we knew just looked at their hat.

It’s really huge Lake I’ve ever seen in my life, I asked the driver Is this Lake or sea? He said ‘Yes’ I said ‘Lake or Sea?’ he still said ‘Yes’ (!!!!!!) haha,, so I asked ‘ Is this Ocean?’ he said ‘Yes’ again hahaha then I believed it’s the ocean. ^^
I know it's lake but as what i've seen made me turned to be stupid hehe. :P


Natt drove the boat , I tried too but I don’t like it.. so I stood up and admired the surrounding instead. (Believe me this is Natt!! indeed !!!)




There’re some kids floating in big bucket floated near the boat ,,haha very creative!!!


We stopped at boat shop and restaurant there’s nothing much, it’s a crocodile farm too, don’t’ want to imagine what will happen if those crocodile can break that farm!! Grrrrrhhh!!!



We found a girl was begging for money,she repeatly said ‘Hello one dollar, hello’ over and over.


We walked around a bit then headed off,
When the trip over the driver dropped us at the shore as we stepped down from boat and driver said ‘Ladies tip driver’ errr,, well we didn’t know we have to tip driver so we didn’t have any small money left ,and Natt said ‘Oh,, 1000 riel I’ve got’ he said ‘1 dollar’ but Natt gave him ‘1000 riel’ we didn’t have it indeed he just laughed ,,sorry driver!!!!!


When we spotted Thierry he was playing card with sea villagers when he saw us he hurried stop, I told Thierry to drop us at the temple on the way back I need to climb up.
At the temple there’re kids playing with crystal balls ,


We walked up about 200 metres maybe ,, and saw Brahman (or male nun) said something in Khmer we can't hardly understand I thought he wanted money but we didn’t give him , as I said we didn’t have any small money left .


Nothing up there Temple should be somewhere behind the mountain we walked a bit and climbed down and the Brahman said something to us again but we don’t understand.
When we went down I saw Thierry sat in the passenger cabin and eating something grilled so I asked what is what? He said ‘ Snake’!!!!! Grrrrhhhh!!!!
I felt suddenly shudder snakes are the most animal species that I afraid of!!
Thierry asked ‘In your country they have snake too right?’ I said ‘Yeah but I don’t eat them’ never once in my life wanted to try to eat ,, thank you so much :P
So we told him he can finish them first and left him to watch kids playing crystal balls instead.


When we’re back he gave that grilled snake to kids around there they ate it and it could be really delicious!!!!


We back to town and have lunch at some restaurant the owner can speak really good thai wow..impressed!!!



We wandered around the corner looked for bike for rent and got 1 USD for half day the owner is Indian and he looked really nice he let us wrote down our information and lock equipment then,, headed off!!

We rode pass the junction it’s really crazy,, there’s no traffic light, you have to find the way to go it’s dangerous and challenging!!
I don’t know how can I survived from that junction!!! Goohhhh!

On the way to 'Angkor Wat' we rode pass khmer cinema too.


Natt led me to Check Point we stopped at ticket booth and the staff said ‘What do you want lady?’ I said ‘Well.. I’ve got the ticket’ she pointed us to the officer at the exit.

It’s about 5-6 kms to ‘Angkor Wat’ I like the surrounding , the street, very nice and clean and beautiful.
There’re million of people again at ‘Angkor Wat’ we were looking for the place to park our bike actually we’re considering if we could bring the bike inside but I don’t think we can. The other side of the street 2 or 3 boys shouted to us to park the bike there, it’s a bike parking lot so we went to ask for the price and it’s 500 riel or 5 baht!!! It’s really cheap so we parked out bike there and we have a time till 6pm.
One of the boy who tried to sell books to me asked where I came from when I said ‘Thailand’ he said ‘Oh,,Thailand and Cambodia same same hah’ I said ‘No not same it’s different!’ and he said ‘then you buy me a book lady’ I said ‘No thank you,I don’t want it’ then off. Very smart boy ^^.



We stopped at the big pond in front of the temple , it’s really nice and beautiful to see the reflection of the temple from the water,, it’s really really splendid.



When we got inside there’re lots of passages to go , we didn’t know which way we should go first so we’ve been walking around , we can't barely find a place to take a pictures without people in the background.
I think we walked around the temple then we went in the second block and found wood steps they built up to cover the old stone one very clever very good idea actually, to help people climb up easily. When we went up again and found another stair,,,, grrrrrhhh!!! ..




It’s high and steep!! When I saw some old Japanese climbing up so I won’t give up I have to go further haha,, when we got up there it’s worth climbing!
Nice surrounding nice atmosphere I have no doubt why this place is one of the 7 wonders of the world. And I’m glad that I finally made up my way to visit this place.




Natt told me that her legs were weary and trembling hehe so did mine.




I heard some guide near me said that’s a rail to help us to climb back down, Oh,, thank you my dearest God! We spent lots of time there walked around , we met 3 girls from Thailand so we asked them to take photos for us.
There’re lots of people been waiting in a line to take the rail back down, we were waiting about 15 minutes or so. When we got down and sat in front of another stair I look up and think it looks not difficult why did people have to wait in a line for a long time? Then Natt dared me to climbed that way and I did, it’s easy!! Some guy near me tried too and I met him up there so I said,, 'It’s easy hah?',, he said ,,'Yeh and I wonder why people wasting time wating in a line for a long time?’ I said ‘It looks ,,you know’ he said ‘Yeh’ that’s funny.And Natt tried too. ^_^

We wandered around a bit and then off.

I told Natt I want to buy Corn Grilled we have to go further more from Angkor Wat and on the way back we saw they sell Chicken Grilled looked really yummy! So we stopped and bought one chicken for 3 USD and bought some juices and ‘Crown Beer’ (juice is 1000 riel each and Beer is 3000 riel actually it’s only 1000 riel) but well..everything should be more expensive at Angkor Wat though, oh and we bought steam rice also.

Then we headed off , there’re no light on the street but we saw police stood in uniform for each spots about 500 metres then I felt more safe, and I saw a couples were riding in front of us it’s another good feeling, but the un expecting thing happened some officer rode in motorbike came beside Natt and spoke something and she said something to him ,, then she rode so fast next to me then the officer gone and she said ‘Go Quickly’ I asked ‘What’s happened?’ She said “ The officer told me to stop and said something about my bag, it doesn’t make sense at all let’s go quickly!’
On the way to town we saw fun fair and we went in to have a look , it’s like fun fair in Thailand ,
1 Ferris wheel, lots of dart shops which had balloons in a block if you could break 7 balloons you’ll get a prize ,1000 riel for 7 darts, we can’t break 7 balloons so we’ve got chewing gum and some wafers but later we found out it expired Doh!!!


At the entrance gate we saw bakery shop so we bought many cos it really cheap haha as we rode back we saw some westerner was wearing purple t-shirt and Natt talked something in thai got close to him then he said something back I thought that he speak thai but it’s not clear enough to understand so we rode passed him and said bye bye in Thai and he laughed!

I led the way and I led to the wrong way but we finally enter the restaurants street not so far from bar street there’re lots of international restaurants including Thai , very interesting ,we’ll visit there next day.
After returned the bikes we have to carried lots of things we bought from Angkor Wat we might look really funny haha,, and we borrowed dishes , glasses from the restaurant again ,then we enjoyed our meal , really big meal hmmmmm…

No comments: